EPICOH 2021 will be hosted virtually this year. We will make use of a virtual conference platform that will allow participants to experience the live sessions and view recorded on demand content at their convenience. The conference will enable networking with other participants in a variety of ways , including a networking lounge that will allow you to join friends and colleagues for face-to-face chats!
STUDENT/CAREER OPPORTUNITIES FAIR
You are invited to connect with the EPICOH community and post ads about training and employment opportunities. Click the button to email your submission for the Student/Career Opportunities Fair to email@example.com. Please be sure to include:
- The category of submission: Employment Opportunities, Training Opportunities, or Trainees Seeking Opportunities
- A one-page PDF of the job posting which includes: Job Title, Job Description, and Submission Contact Information
The preliminary conference program overview is now available. A detailed program will be posted in the coming weeks that outlines the individual sessions and details about the activities taking place throughout the conference. The program is subject to change.
Information about the confirmed speakers will be shared in the near future.
- Postdoctoral fellow position on lung cancer etiology studies at the U.S. National Cancer Institute
- Postdoctoral fellow positions at the National Cancer Institute in Occupational, Environmental, and Molecular Epidemiology Studies of Lymphoma, Leukemia, and Lung Cancer
- Training Course On Occupational Epidemiology: Modern Methods And Harmonised Approaches
- Pilot Project for training in health and safety at work in Spanish 2021
- Proyecto piloto de entrenamiento en salud y seguridad en el trabajo en idioma español. 2021
Trainees Seeking Opportunities
The Scientific Committee on Epidemiology in Occupational Health (EPICOH) of the ICOH has as its main function, promotion of communication among epidemiologists, industrial hygienists, and other occupational health scientists worldwide. EPICOH provides a forum for the discussion of problems unique to the study of health and work. With membership open to occupational epidemiologists and other scientists worldwide, EPICOH provides a variety of forums for discussions, critical reviews, collaborations and education on issues of occupational exposures and their human health effects.
To foster the study of health and work, EPICOH encourages and supports the following:
- Epidemiological studies on the health effects of occupational exposures
- Communication among epidemiologists, industrial hygienists, toxicologists, exposure analysts, and other occupational health scientists worldwide.
- Innovative approaches to substantive or methodological problems and applications of occupational epidemiology
- The use of occupational epidemiology to inform public policy
- Involvement of scientists from developing countries in EPICOH activities, reduced dues for members from developing countries and establishment of regional EPICOH chapters throughout the developing world.
- The acknowledgement and facilitation of the role of early career researchers.
Topics addressed by EPICOH members include occupational exposures (e.g. stress, metals, pesticides, radiation, non-industrial indoor environments), health effects (e.g. cancer, musculoskeletal diseases, respiratory diseases, injuries), methodology (e.g. biomarkers, experimental design, exposure-assessment, meta-analysis, risk assessment, statistics), environment-gene interactions, and ethics and law.